The Ghana Decides Tag (#GhDTag) is an interactive video series whose aim is to spur discussions and gain insights from average Ghanaians regarding being Ghanaian, key development issues and the 2016 general elections. Participants (individuals or groups) are to select their GhD Tag questions from a pool, record their responses and have those video responses uploaded onto Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. They will then “tag” 3-5 other Ghanaians to participate in the GhD Tag, and they in turn will make a video response and upload. Interested participants without access to video-recording devices or platforms can submit tweet responses to the Ghana Decides Twitter account using the hashtags #GhDTag and #GhanaDecides.
How to Participate
- Choose up to three (3) Ghana Decides Tag questions and two (2) trivia questions (see below).
- Record a video answering the questions and upload to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Publish using the hashtags #GhDTag and #GhanaDecides.
- Tag 3-5 friends to also participate in the tag.
- Share your video on other platforms using #GhDTag and #GhanaDecides. You can also post the link to your video on the Ghana Decides Facebook page.
GhD Tag Questions:
- What was your experience as a first-time registered voter?
- Do you plan to vote in this election? Why/Why not?
- Do you think Ghanaians in the Diaspora should be allowed to vote in presidential elections? Why/Why not?
- What is the most important issue for u during this election cycle, and why?
- What top two qualities would you expect of Ghana’s next president?
- Which is more important and why – the party that governs or the individual who’s president?
- How do you say “Let’s have a peaceful election” in your local language?
- Where do you see Ghana in the next 5 years?
- Complete the sentence: My Ghana is…
- Complete the sentence: If I were president…
- Complete the sentence: Being Ghanaian means…
- If you could envision a “new Ghana” what would it be?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate Ghana’s progress over the past four years?
- What criteria will you be using to select your candidate of choice? (eg. Party affiliation, charisma, personality, campaign platform, professional background, ethnic background, none)
- What is the date of Ghana’s 2016 presidential election
- How many parties are vying for the seat
- Who was Ghana’s first president?
- How many presidents and republics has Ghana had so far?
- What is the most common name held by Ghanaian presidents so far?
- What is the legal age for being eligible to vote in Ghana?
- A Ghanaian-American can vote in Ghana, true or false?
Each video should be a maximum of 2-3 minutes, however participants are free to be as creative as they would like with their videos. Multiple entries are also fine. At the end of the campaign the most popular and/or interesting videos will be compiled into one video and published on the Ghana Decides website, YouTube channel, Facebook and Twitter page. If you have any specific questions you think we should include or suggestions on how the tag could be improved, email info[at]ghanadecides.com.
Tag, you’re it!