Frema Osei-Opare has been appointed as the Chief-of-Staff by the president-elect Nana Akufo-Addo, becoming the first female to hold that position.
Samuel Abu Jinapor and Francis Asenso-Boakye were also named as deputies to the Chief-of-Staff.
President-elect Akufo-Addo made the appointment at his Nima residence on Wednesday.
A former lecturer and Head of the Department of Home Science at the University of Ghana, Mrs Osei-Opare has also served as the Country Director of Action Aid Ghana.
She is currently serving as a member of the transition team as the head of the staff of the office of the president-elect.
Other administrative staff named by the president-elect include:
- Secretary to the President – Nana Asante Bediatuo
- Hassan Ahmed – Director of State Protocol
- Eugene Arhin – Director of Communications
- Lord Commey – Director of Planning/Operations
Earlier, he was taken around the Flagstaff by President John Mahama.
Akufo-Addo also named three personnel who will be in charge of National Security
- Brig. Gen. Emmanuel Okyere – National Security advisor
- Joshua Kyeremeh (former BNI boss) – National Security Coordinator
- Albert Kan-Dapaah – Minister-designate for National Security
Parliament will have to approve the list of the presidential staffers and the minister designate for National Security will be vetted and approved by parliament
Abu Mubarik/ Ghanadecides.com